This site recently underwent a major upgrade. Some features may not work or work differently. Please report any issues to User_talk:Admin.
Defining the OT Wiki
(Moved from: OldTools Wiki talk:About) Since this is a crowd-source site, let's start talking about what this wiki ought to be.
Let me start with my ideas: This wiki shouldn't be too strict, but should have a goal.
I believe the goal should be to make accessible the knowledge of galoots in a clear fashion.
This means that an article(page) isn't a editorial or blog. On the other hand this isn't a scholarly journal. While references and research is encouraged, any knowledge that the group feels accurate enough should stay.
- A significant portion of the content should be organized in a loosely encyclopedic (galootopedic) structure.
- There is also need for a dictionary/glossary portion.
- It would be useful to have an organized links page.
- Other segments surely will be realized to solve unique requirements.
What this wiki shouldn't be:
- An image repository for the OT list. A suggestion on how to prevent this: if the image isn't intended for inclusion in an article, etc. don't post it here, use GIC or another source. This is primarily to prevent disappearing links on the list.
- A mailing list or forum. Use the OT list for Porch talk, the wiki supports the mailing list. If you want get information on a topic that would also make a good article: ask the porch and edit answers into an appropriate format for the wiki. Please don't make the Porch into a "Discussion" page for a wiki, let the wiki editors be involved with the process and let the Porch be a conversation.
- A blog, journal or podium. All three exist elsewhere.